Tuesday 4 June 2013

Salad Days - Pineapple, Mango and Melon Fruit Salad

I was going to see a friend today and was looking forward to meeting a new friend too, and having a good natter over lunch on the balcony.  Unfortunately my friend's poorly and has regretfully postponed our get-together, so I get the fruit salad I was going to take for dessert all to myself!

I bought a rather under-ripe pineapple last week, which is now scenting the kitchen, and have a small honeydew melon as well. There are also a couple of small mangoes which were reduced, but were still under ripe when I bought them. While I was making the salad, a few kiwi fruit found their way in there.  They were rock hard when I bought them, but now are starting to look shrivelled without going soft.  They were pale inside, not the vibrant green I was expecting.

Sweet, tart, juicy, refreshing.

No comments: